Terms and conditions
Ampthill Fireworks Committee 2018
- Within the context of the website(s) and any media or materials (including these terms and conditions) the terms “Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Fireworks”, “the Ampthill Fireworks”, “AFC” may be used in place of and with the same rights as entitled to the entity “Ampthill Fireworks Committee”. Our “Site” refers to all Our websites and social media or websites or social media representing Us on Our behalf.
- All tickets (“Tickets”) for events organised by Ampthill Fireworks Committee (“AFC”) at Ampthill Park (“Events”) are subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms”) including supplementary terms on the front and / or reverse of Tickets and any additional or Event specific terms notified from time to time. Purchase or acceptance of any Ticket for an Event constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
- Please read these Terms carefully prior to purchase of a Ticket and raise any queries or concerns.
- The artist and performer line-up and all billed attractions may be subject to change at any time without notice.
- All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is a Ticket holder’s responsibility to make appropriate arrangements AFC will not be responsible to make any refund or meet the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or for any loss of enjoyment or other indirect loss as a result of an Event not running to the advertised times.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Only persons holding a valid Ticket will be admitted to the Event. Tickets may not be
- sold or transferred to another person; or
- used by any person for promotional purposes, including as a prize or other reward in a competition or lottery, except with the prior written permission of AFC
- purchased by an agent on behalf of his or her principal
- Where a ticket has been obtained by a person in breach of Term 11, AFC’s obligations in relation to the Ticket will cease to have effect immediately, in particular:
- any person presenting the Ticket may be refused entrance to, or removed without notice from the Event
- the Ticket may be confiscated and there shall be no obligation on AFC to refund any monies paid for the Ticket or for any costs incurred
- Duplicate Tickets will not be issued for lost or stolen tickets.
- A Ticket is only valid when purchased from official agents. Tickets bought from other sources will be refused admission.
- Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged after purchase.
- If the Event is cancelled before the Event has started, refunds will be issued at the Ticket face value only on production of a valid original Ticket.
- A Ticket Holder must retain its Ticket at all times during the Event. Failure to produce a Ticket on request may result in a Ticket holder being ejected from the Event. A Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced.
- It is the Ticket holder’s responsibility to check the suitability of an Event for any children in its party. Refunds will not be issued if any aspect of an Event, including the behaviour of other audience members, causes offence. At any Event children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- AFC Events are subject to the by-laws of the Park as stewarded by Ampthill Town Council details of which are available at http://www.ampthilltowncouncil.org.uk/council-services/ampthill-bylaws.html
- Admission is at Ticket holder’s own risk. Neither AFC nor the individuals working on the Event or AFC’s suppliers or authorised agents will be:
- save for death or personal injury caused by AFC’s negligence or any other liability which by law cannot be excluded, liable for any loss, injury or damage to any Ticker holder, or property howsoever caused;
- liable to any Ticker holder for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or AFC’s obligations in respect of the Event; or
- liable to any Ticker holder for any expenses incurred in connection with the Event in the event of cancellation of the Event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements; or
- liable to any Ticker Holder for failure to perform any of its obligations in respect of the Event to the extent that such failure is caused by a force majeure event, an act of God or any event outside of the reasonable control of AFC.
- Right of admission is reserved by AFC. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all Ticket holders AFC may refuse entry to Ticket holders who attempt to enter the Fireworks site with prohibited items.
- Ticket Holders are prohibited from bringing any items banned by Ampthill Park by-laws to any Event. For the avoidance of doubt the following items are strictly prohibited; weapons, flares, fireworks (including sparklers), drones, barbeques, Chinese lanterns, noise generators, horns, lasers. Furthermore NO ALCOHOL is permitted in Ampthill Park or at the Event.
- No dogs except for registered guide or hearing dogs are allowed in the Event arena.
- No tents permitted in Ampthill Park.
- Please use the bins and recycling points at and around Ampthill Park.
- Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Flashing lights and pyrotechnics are being used during the Event.
- Strictly, no trading or other commercial activity by any Ticket holder will be allowed at an Event without AFC’s prior written consent.
D. Photography and Filming
- The use of photographic or filming equipment during Events for commercial gain, without AFC’s prior written consent is prohibited; such that:
- a person may be denied entry to, or removed from the Event if he or she is found in possession of any equipment capable of taking photographs, making films, sound recordings or broadcasts; or if he or she takes any photograph, makes a film, sound recording or broadcast of anything occurring inside the Event for commercial gain.
- a person may enter the Event with equipment referred to in Term 25a where it is integrated into electronic communications apparatus designed for personal private use (such as a mobile telephone) and/or a personal stills camera but the person may still be removed in accordance with Term 25a if they attempt to use this device for commercial gain.
- As a condition of sale the Ticket holder consents to being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience and/or by onsite CCTV cameras and recordings for security purposes, and to the Ticket holder’s actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording, the copyright of which shall be owned by AFC. Each Ticket holder further hereby agrees that any such footage may be exploited by AFC in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world including use in commercial distribution or use for commercial purposes, such as merchandising or DVDs, without payment or compensation.
- Searching is a condition of entry to the Event to protect all Ticket holders’ safety. AFC may conduct security searches of persons’ clothing, bags and other items which AFC determines at its discretion on entry and exit and reserves the right to disallow entry to any person with items which may be illegal or which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other Ticket holders (regardless of whether or not such item are illegal or is carried for specific purposes), which artists performing at the Event or their management have asked AFC to prohibit or are otherwise prohibited pursuant to these Terms.
E. Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our Sites, in the materials published on it and of physical or electronic materials produced or published by Us or on Our behalf, including but not limited to trade marks, designs, plans, maps, signs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and website structure) (“Materials”).
- The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any of Our Materials or Sites and we reserve the right to copy protect any of the Materials.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the holders of rights in Our Materials and on Our Sites must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the Materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us and, where applicable, our licensors.
- We aim to update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
F. Our Liability
- Whilst Ampthill Fireworks Committee will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that all information found on their materials, media and website(s) is accurate and up to date it cannot guarantee this to users/readers The material displayed is provided “as is” and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. We hereby expressly exclude: all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability or damages, Ampthill Fireworks Committee liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
- The copyright in the text on this website is owned by Ampthill Fireworks Committee except where it is specifically stated that the information was previously published elsewhere and/or the copyright is acknowledged to another party, usually the original publisher or writer. Any text on this wesbite or produced media or materials that is marked with the copyright notice of any other party apart from Ampthill Fireworks Committee is that person’s intellectual property and you must contact that person or organization if you wish to use their material.
- Subject to the above, other publications are very welcome to copy all or part of any article(s) on this website where Ampthill Fireworks Committee holds the copyright on the strict condition that this website is acknowledged and a link (in online publishing) or the address (in print) to this website is provided as part of the article.
- Other than where indicated above, all Media including tickets, maps and posters in electronic, hard copy or other format, associated with or linked to Ampthill Fireworks Committee and/or produced for or on behalf of Ampthill Fireworks Committee cannot be used, in whole or in part, as part of any marketing, media, sales promotion, staff reward scheme or general competition use whether commercial or non-commercial, publicly displayed, be reproduced, transmitted, distributed, re-used or amended without prior express written permission (“license”) of the Event organizers, Ampthill Fireworks Committee.
H. License under Copyright
- All Rights are reserved on all materials subject to copyright, unless expressly stated otherwise in or on the material. All rights granted under license are granted expressly to the extent stated in the license, to the licensee only. No rights are transferable to 3rd parties unless expressly stated in the license. The author or licensor reserves the right to alter or limit the license granted to the licensee at any time, unless the reservation is expressly removed in the license. The author or licensor reserves the right to withdraw the license from the licensee at any time, if the copyright is or is believed to be infringed.
I. The Law
- These Terms (including any non-contractual obligations) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims).